You can only apply for a renewal of your permit within 30 days of the expiration of your current permit. The form will not allow you to submit a renewal if your expiration exceeds the 30-day mark prior to your expiration.
Learning the laws regulating the use of firearms is a must for responsible ownership. Local regulations differ and laws vary from state to state. Citizens must check with the jurisdiction where the firearm is to be used.
In California, the Sheriff and his staff are required to follow strict state and local guidelines when performing the necessary background checks for issuing Concealed Carry Weapon licenses. Due to the detailed nature involved with conducting these background checks, appointment times and processing times can take multiple weeks. During the application process, the applicant will be asked to schedule an interview appointment for a new Concealed Carry Weapon license. Please note that for a new Concealed Carry Weapon license a non-refundable $65 application fee will be required to reserve an appointment for an interview.
Please make sure you have reviewed our CCW policy - Yolo County Sheriff CCW Policy (CLICK HERE)
If the applicant is RENEWING a Concealed Carry Weapon license in Yolo County, they may not apply until 30 days before the expiration date listed on their current Concealed Carry Weapon license.
- The administrative cost for a New Concealed Carry Weapon license is $325.00. An applicant will pay a non-refundable $65 application fee, and if approved, be asked to pay an additional $260 prior to receiving their Concealed Carry Weapon license.
- A Standard Renewal of a Concealed Carry Weapon license costs $90.
- Any Modification (e.g. residence or firearm change) to a Concealed Carry Weapon license costs $10.
- For credit card transactions a nominal credit card transaction fee will be charged for each transaction. Charges will be viewable prior to transaction completion.
- Appointments for New Concealed Carry Weapon licenses will be on Tuesdays.
- Click the appropriate button on the left of the screen to proceed with an application for a Concealed Carry Weapon license.
Gaining competency with firearms is like learning to drive a car or fly an airplane. You need expert instruction and practice. There is no shortcut. If you are not willing to invest the time and effort to become competent, then having a firearm and trying to use it can, in many instances, be more hazardous than any impending threat.
Please note that this website is optimized for Safari, Chrome, and Firefox.
Permit to Carry Information